Good Dog Cookies
I love making these treats for my doggies (my guardians of being). These biscuits smell so yummy and meaty my dogs just go crazy over them! Make a batch of these homemade dog biscuits for the dog lover in your life too. Woof!
GOOD DOG COOKIES
2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
3/4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 cubes beef bouillon cube
3/4 cup boiling water
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Lightly grease one cookie sheet.
2. Dissolve bouillon cubes in boiling water and allow to cool.
3. Combine the flour, dry milk, egg, oil, beef broth and brown sugar. Mix well and knead dough for 1 minute.
4. On a floured surface roll out dough to about 1/4 inch thickness. Cut out bones and place on cookie sheet.
5. Bake for 30 minutes and allow to cool.
(Recipe from Allrecipes.com)
1 tsp salt
2 cups unbleached flour
3 tablespoons chopped parsley
1/2 cup chicken broth
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Combine cornmeal, salt and unbleached flour.
3. In a separate mixing bowl, beat egg with vegetable oil, then add chopped parsley and chicken broth; mix well.
4. Gradually add the flour mixture. Knead dough and roll out to half- inch thickness.
5. Use a cookie cutter to cut dough into shapes your dog might appreciate such as cats, fire hydrants, shoes, bones etc.
6. Bake for 15 minutes until firm.
7. Serve warm. Watch doggie wag his tail.